Diligo XIII
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a futuristic Earth, the population's genetic structure has been enhanced...will you use these new powers for good or evil?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THE tutorial of a lifetime

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Seb XIII
Webmaster
Seb XIII

Character sheet
Money: $221
Weapons: M9 Pistol with Silencer...Night Vision Goggles...Handheld EMP device...Jailbroken USB device...C-O-P Knife...Trashy C-O-P car w/custom paintjob..."Sarah" (Custom Katana, +2 hacking)
Level: 8

THE tutorial of a lifetime Empty
PostSubject: THE tutorial of a lifetime   THE tutorial of a lifetime EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 12:31 am

Okay folks, today I'm gonna run a tutorial for everyone who doesn't understand how the dice work. Its hard, but once u get it down everything is automatic.

Today, we have a brotherly spar, Trever vs Cadin. In this event, Trever will be the NPC (eventhough this would NORMALLY be a PVP match, this is just to make sure everyone understands how it all works)

The first move will go to Trever, at a distance with his AK. He'll go and check for the Die icon on the tool bar (The toolbar is where you have bold, italics, the others big thing, and whatnot) and click To Hit Die. then, he'll input the number of hits he is going for (in this case, up to 30...but we'll roll for 1 bullet today)

HOWEVER! If this was PVP, or if I was the NPC, then he would add +1 for EACH 10 he has in accuracy, +1 for EACH 10 he has in Weapon Skills, and +1 for EACH 5 he has in Luck (in short, go to ur chara app and divide the number there by 10, if there IS a remainder just throw it away for now. Luck gets divided by 5.)...but for now, just keep that in mind.

So, Trever's move.
Back to top Go down
https://diligoxiii.forumotion.com
Trever Valens

Trever Valens

Character sheet
Money: $24
Weapons: Mackaela(+2 Charisma Signature Shotgun), Baseball Bat, Dual M1911, AK-47, Molotov Cocktail(5)
Level: 4

PostSubject: Re: THE tutorial of a lifetime   THE tutorial of a lifetime EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 12:41 am

Trever spotted his older brother walking on the other side of the street. Taking his AK-47 from his back, the younger male took aim and shot a single round in the purple haired man's direction.

Trever Valens carried out 1 launched of one To Hit Roll :
Back to top Go down
Seb XIII
Webmaster
Seb XIII

Character sheet
Weapons: M9 Pistol with Silencer...Night Vision Goggles...Handheld EMP device...Jailbroken USB device...C-O-P Knife...Trashy C-O-P car w/custom paintjob..."Sarah" (Custom Katana, +2 hacking)

PostSubject: Re: THE tutorial of a lifetime   THE tutorial of a lifetime EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 12:53 am

Now, because he didn't get "The Drop" on me, I get to dodge. If he did, then he'd first have to do a bunch of REALLY COMPLEX sneaking stuff so lets not worry about it.

Now, I get to dodge. Remember that LOOONG modifier thing from before? Well, here it comes.

When you dodge, this is the modifiers you get:
+1 for each 10 in speed
+1 for each 10 in weapon skill (aka u know a weapon so well u know where itll hit)
and +1 for each 5 in Luck

~Quick Note~
Luck modifies EVERYTHING BUT health. And its always the +1 for each 5. now...time to dodge!

Seb XIII carried out 1 launched of one Dodge Roll :

Now, here is where you'd say Oh I get +1 for this and that...so lets get started with modifiers!

Checking my app, I see I don't have at least 10 points in weapon skill, so that's a no go.

I DO have 10 points in speed Very Happy so I write +1 for Speed

I also have 5 points in Luck, So I write +1 for luck

Here is how it would normally look:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Seb XIII
Webmaster
Seb XIII

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: THE tutorial of a lifetime   THE tutorial of a lifetime EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 1:03 am

Great! I dodged. With the 2 +1's I got a 7, however I can only have a max of a roll of a 6 on the die. If we had both rolled 6's (after everything) then, because its an NPC battle, I would have won as the dodger/defender.

Now, its time to strike. I have a pistol, and it has 12 rounds per clip (remember the amount of rounds per clip.)

This is going to get crazy, and because I was just shot at i'm gonna retaliate with 3 shots...remember: The modifiers go for EACH ONE of them.

First, search for the die icon between where it says Post Title and where your writing your post...

Then, click To Hit.

Then, type in the amount of shots (hit the corresponding number on ur keyboard for the amount of shots ur taking. I'll press the 3 key)

Seb XIII carried out 3 launched of one To Hit Roll :
4 , 2 , 4

now, Type out your modifiers. To Hit gets +1 for each 10 in accuracy, +1 for each 10 in Weapon Skill, and +1 for each 5 in luck

My accuracy is a 5...so no modifier there.

My weapon skill is a 5, yet again no modifier.

But my luck is a 5. So I get +1 for luck!

Now, here is a quick note. To Hit and Dodge rolls BOTH have a max roll of a 6.
Back to top Go down
Trever Valens

Trever Valens

Character sheet
Weapons: Mackaela(+2 Charisma Signature Shotgun), Baseball Bat, Dual M1911, AK-47, Molotov Cocktail(5)

PostSubject: Re: THE tutorial of a lifetime   THE tutorial of a lifetime EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 1:14 am

Trever ran and tried to dive behind the nearest car in order to take cover before the bullets were to hit him.

*Just like he shot 3 times, I have to Dodge 3 times. PAY ATTENTION to what your combatant posts. It's there for your health, not his =3

Trever Valens carried out 3 launched of one Dodge Roll :
4 , 6 , 5
Back to top Go down
Seb XIII
Webmaster
Seb XIII

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: THE tutorial of a lifetime   THE tutorial of a lifetime EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 1:19 am

Okay, so two shots missed...however, ONE shot hit Very Happy Time for a Wound Roll...

WOUND Rolls in ranged Combat:

Its easy; This is strictly for NPC's

If you roll a 6, INSTANT KILL! MUAHAAAHA (AKA a critical Hit, all critical hit stats really just amplify the Player versus Player fighting.)

On a roll of a 5 they go down on the ground, and are bleeding out.

Roll of a 4, you hit them in the gut and are bleeding heavily.

Roll of a 3, you hit them in a limb (like arm or leg) and they have a wound in that area. Roll another die to see if its an arm or a leg (1-3 for arm, 4-6 for leg)

Roll of a 2, they get hit in somewhere where it hurts, but doesn't really effect them much besides some pain and a little bleeding.

Roll of a 1, CONGRATS! you hit their clothing and the bullet didn't do anything! your a champ!

If your at close range to the person, such as within 5 yards, you get a +1

Note: That was copied and pasted from here... https://diligoxiii.forumotion.com/t34-different-combat-and-stealth

and now, lets see what my ONE SHOT gets...

Click the Die icon again

Click Wound Die

Input the amount of hits you got. (In my case, 1)

and lets see...I wasn't at close range (we'll say for now) so no +1...

Seb XIII carried out 1 launched of one Wound Rolls :

Now, another fun fact. Wound rolls only go up to 6.
Back to top Go down
Seb XIII
Webmaster
Seb XIII

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: THE tutorial of a lifetime   THE tutorial of a lifetime EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 1:22 am

Okay, so right now he's down for the count...

but what would happen if he wasn't? What if I didn't even HIT him?

Well, one of 3 things could happen:

1. We could keep going back and forth until someone goes down.

2. One could run away and end the fight that way

or....the option that will be in effect now:

3. We could go into melee combat.

Now, click the spoiler for the post if you REALLY care about the "posting aspect" of this tutorial (AKA if you wanna read me just saying Cadin is walking up to Trever XD)

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Trever Valens

Trever Valens

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: THE tutorial of a lifetime   THE tutorial of a lifetime EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 1:29 am

So Cadin wanted to fight like a real man now? Trever tossed his assault rifle to the side and and took a fighting stance, rearing his fist back and thrusting it forward again for the first blow.

Trever Valens carried out 1 launched of one To Hit Roll :
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE tutorial of a lifetime   THE tutorial of a lifetime Empty

Back to top Go down

THE tutorial of a lifetime
Page 1 of 1